1. Accept where you are. When you decide to change, there is a fairly pronounced gap that exists between the place you are and the place you want to get to. Accept that. Do a clear assessment of the skills you have and the skills you lack. Being honest about your present situation helps you to get the right tools you need to move forward.
2. Define a goal. Most people want their lives to “get better”, but what does that mean? Think about what success means to you. Think about how you will feel when your life improves. Come up with a definite goal that you can reach for. That will allow you to focus all your energy on one point, making it more likely something that you can achieve.
3. Appreciate your strengths. You have gotten this far, so you had to have done something right in the first place! Take a few minutes to motivate yourself by reminding yourself where you have come from and how you have a skill set that is completely your own and completely unique. By appreciating yourself, you convince yourself that you can reach success again. Having faith in yourself is the most important thing you need on this journey.
4. Ask yourself why you haven’t succeeded. You might think that you don’t know the answer to this question, but if you think about it deeply for a time, you begin to get the picture. What is stopping you? Is it fear of failure? Is it fear of success? What is the underlying fear that still has a grip on you? If you find that out, you can do anything.
5. Get away from your comfort zone. Think about changing your environment for a little while. When you are in a new uncomfortable place, you can’t sit back. You have to learn new skills and use your brain in different ways to make a new place your own. That can help you accomplish any goal. Knowing you can do something even if you are in a new place is a rare quality.
6. Keep trying until you make it. It is so frustrating to keep picking yourself up off the ground, but that is the only way you can truly be a success. Keep aiming for your goals, no matter what happens. Stay focused and committed. Never give up, and you will see that you are more than you imagined.
Now that you have the information to get started, don’t delay. When you are ready to transform your life, use the tips laid out here as a foundation. You will find that change comes more easily to you; you will discover that your life is changing for the better.