When inflicted with toenail fungus, the nails can turn yellowish or have brownish discoloration. They may become thick or brittle over time and break or shed on their own. Toenail fungus can happen to any one. It is a contagious disease that spreads on contact too…
Abnormal pH level of the skin, trauma to the nail, unhygienic feet and decreased immunity of the body permit this disease.
– Wear cotton socks to absorb moisture from the feet that happens from sweating.
– If your socks are damp, take them off and dry your feet before wearing a fresh pair of dry socks.
– Wear shoes that have a comfortable fit and allow plenty of air and moisture to pass through.
– Avoid sharing towels, washcloths, shoes or any other personal items of those people who have already contracted this disease.
– Wash and dry your feet thoroughly every time. Use a towel vigorously to remove any dead skin and improve circulation.
– Keep your nails cut short, and don’t use nail polish.
– Trim your toenails regularly.
– Trim your toenails in a straight line and then smooth the edges with a nail file.
Toenail fungus home remedy:
– Tea tree oil is a potent natural antiseptic and fungicide that will help fight your fungus. Apply undiluted tea tree oil with olive oil to the affected toe nail. Alternatively you can put few drops of tea tree oil on toenails and rub it thoroughly every day.
– Soak your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toe nails looking healthy.
– Soak your toenails for 15 – 20 minutes in basin full of warm water and natural apple cider vinegar mixed in equal proportion. When done, dry your toenails thoroughly. Use a hair dryer on warm setting to absorb all the moisture in and around the toes.
– Put equal amount of tea tree oil and lavender oil on a cotton ball or swab. Dab it under the top edge of the toe nail and surrounding area 2 or 3 times a day. Tea tree oil is natural antibiotic and lavender will help fight the infection and prevent skin irritation.
– Blend 2 drops of oregano essential oil with a tsp of olive oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area daily for NOT more than three weeks. Oregano essential oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti parasitical, antiviral, analgesic and anti-fungal properties.
– Until the growth of the new nail is complete, apply apple cider vinegar 2 or 3 times a day.
– Lather AHA creams onto your feet before going to bed. This will flush the rough scaly skin from your feet that is more prone to growing fungus.